Angel Fish Fry

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bonniegiff

AC Members
Jul 18, 2010
I have been breeding Angel Fish for Quite some time and I never had any problems. For the past 4 months I have been unable to breed any angels. I am doing something wrong and I don't know what it is. The eggs are taken from the parents and put in a jug in a tank. The fish become wigglers and then become fry. They last seven days from the time they were laid and then die. I use H202 10 drops the first day and then do a 100% water change the second day I use 5 drops and do a 30% water change. From then on I do a 30% water change with aged water once a day. By the 7th day they are all dead. My water tests fine, I do have hard water. When I change the water I go through the jug with an eye dropper and pick out all the dead fry. The live fish are then put back in the jug. If I have any live angels on the 7th or 8th day, I then put them in a 2.5 or 5.5 gallon tank with aged water and declore. Buy this point most of the Fry if not all are dead. Thanks for your help.

Wild West

AC Members
Mar 6, 2015
Have you tried hatching brine shrimp? I've seen amazingly small fry eat freshly hatched ones.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Jug?? Put back into a jug?? How big is this jug??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store