Baby whale very interesting

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

joecool44

AC Members
Jan 26, 2015
Real Name
Joe
So I got a baby whale awhile back.. For those who don't know them it is a type of elephant fish and actually is an electric fish.elephantfish are also famous for having electric organs—highly specialized muscles which the fish use to discharge electricity in specific frequencies and signal patterns. There is only 6 known fish with electric in them and the baby whale also has the largest brain for a fish but is also the most aggressive and will take out almost any fish in a community tank they also send electric patterns to communicate with one another much like dolphins and whales, I picked this one up for free from a deal after buying my tire track. Figured I would share with you all a very cool fish :) what's ur thoughts on if u wanted to own one?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

joecool44

AC Members
Jan 26, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Yeah I got it for free from a store they didn't know much either so I brought him home and researched, found tht a university used this fish to light up a Christmas tree in a experiment by using it's electric impulses :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

SirMuffin

AC Members
Sep 11, 2011
From what I have heard they are fairly shy. What size tank is it as both that and the tire track eel will get fairly large, awesome fish though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store