Can Shrimp be kept with my fishes

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

laxdude

AC Members
Jan 29, 2015
VA
So I've been looking at purchasing some shrimp fro my Dario Dario tank, but im not sure I want to pair the shrimp with the zebra loach and the juli cory cat that I have in there. Could this be done?

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Fish that would naturally seek out critters like shrimp, will always have to potential to eat them. Not sure about loaches and corys, but you have to have a group of corys for them to be comfortable, and their scurrying about would send shrimp fleeing all the time IMO.

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
I have kept adult shrimp with cory's no problem. But you won't get any babies as the cory's will eat them. Loaches are more predatory and I don't think the shrimp would do well.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
The Dario are likely too small to go after adult shrimp but could keep you from expanding the population, or may even keep the shrimp hidden too much for your liking (a potential problem with almost all fish/shrimp combos, though). The Corys are benign enough that they shouldn't be an issue with adults, as mentioned. The zebra loach, on the other hand, would almost definitely be a problem.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store