Breeding Corys

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

djr1

AC Members
Sep 26, 2014
Currently have a 40 gallon long freshwater aquarium. Dwarf neon rainbows/harlequins and cories. Peaceful tank. Corys were laying eggs on glass and put some in a breeders net floating in the aquarium. Didn't do anything special as internet sites can be confusing. Three weeks later and I'm here. Bout a good dozen little guys all thriving and surviving on crushed flake and brine shrimp. Can anyone tell me when to move to a grow out tank. Some sites say they can drown if moved too soon so to keep in shallow waters. Or can I safely keep them in the breeders net til they are a little bigger. A good dozen are in there now. I did find its better to move eggs as soon as u can as they are stickier then and easier to transport.

laxdude

AC Members
Jan 29, 2015
VA
I never had much luck breeding my juli corys. After many of them were swept out from disease, I'm looking to get some more. what did you provide to get them to breed?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Yes! congrats! My emerald corys used to litter my 29 and 20L with eggs, but they never seemed to be viable. They'd be whitish colored by the time I'd see them.

djr1

AC Members
Sep 26, 2014
didn't provide anything special. Water changes a couple degrees cooler usually did the trick. Another tried and true method...If your bio-load can handle introduce a new set of cories to the group..they'll breed like rabbits..

djr1

AC Members
Sep 26, 2014
I was thinking the same...but as of yet-no casualties and all seem fine...guess they'll let me know when bigger is better...

djr1

AC Members
Sep 26, 2014
I hear that alot and im surprised...alot of websites on subject say same thing...yet the eggs when u see them are fertilized(less its the rare possibility no male is present/then female will and can lay eggs)...but under right conditions eggs are fertilized as being laid..

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
I move my cory's to a 10 gallon at a month. You can leave them in the breeder net if you want but if you move them to a bigger tank with a fine sand bottom they will grow faster as there will be more food available.

Andy

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store