100G Stocking

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BsLuFs

Hobbyist
Sep 10, 2014
College in New Hampshire, Home in Maine
Real Name
Luke
This is not my tank, but my father's. He recently got a 100G and has been telling me some ridiculous things that he wants in it, and after not taking my advice a few times (He put a big goldfish in a non-cycled tropical tank...) only to have half a dozen fish die, he's asked me for some help.

He says he's got two or three blue dwarf lobsters, I think, and says that one of them is berried. He wants to stock the rest of his tank with fish that won't eat the young once they hatch, and also wants at least one "bigger" fish. I also think he has a pleco, so there's that too..

Before I knew of the lobsters, I told him he could start with something along the following lines:

Cardinal tetra x 20
Black neon tetra x 20
Pearl Gourami x 2
Common Pleco x 1

Would these fish cause problems with the lobsters and the young? I don't know very much about inverts and what can be kept with them, but I have a feeling the gouramis might go after them. My father also expressed an interest in cherry shrimp, but I just don't see that happening.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
keep the common pleco out of the equation. or switch it for a smaller one,may i suggest the bristle nose pleco?im not sure about the pearl gourami,but i think that a m/f pair would work.

BsLuFs

Hobbyist
Sep 10, 2014
College in New Hampshire, Home in Maine
Real Name
Luke
I still can't believe they brought a 14" pleco home within the week they set the aquarium up...it was the one fish I specifically told them NOT to get. All right, I will call them when I can and have them swap it out. Do you think there would be room for anything bigger than a couple gouramis?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store