Baby Guppy Problems

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

afulltank

AC Members
Mar 27, 2004
Western Washington
Visit site
Recently one of my guppies had babies and only 2 survived. I got another 6 from a friends "litter." The other day I looked in the net and one of the babies was dead. I thought this odd. And then the next day, another one was laying at the bottom of the net. I thought it was dead but when i fished it out I realized it was alive. I put it in a smaller bowl and looked at it. It was fine except it couldn't swim right side up. So far all the rest look healthy and are much bigger than the others with problems. Any ideas to what was wrong with them and how to prevent it?

johnnyxxl

fishy friend of many
Mar 1, 2004
western NC
Visit site
just a possible thing this coming from hearsay rather than observation. It could be that there are some birthdefcts showing up or just weakness from being so small as you said they are fry. There was a friend of mine he told me that the guppies are not near as hardy at one lfs he was at a few days ago after I told him what happened when I tried to put a few in my five gallon tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store