Art above yer tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bradleyheathhay

AC Members
Oct 19, 2011
Here's something that's not discussed too often but I'm sure the subject has it's place among fish keepers.

I've got a big blank spot on the wall above my 125 gal...

tank wall shot.jpg

...and I'm looking to put something up there. I'd go for just about anything if it looks good and fits the space well. Right now the wall is a little too light so soon it'll be darkened slightly to a light earth shade. Initially what I seem to be leaning toward is something possibly artsy with a fish / water theme. Here's some stuff I found on eBay that might go well...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=bovano+fish&_sacat=0

Little pricey but if could find more of this stuff a little cheaper maybe it would look good put together.

Anyway, I'm entirely open to your suggestions. If you care to post a pic of what's above your tank that would be really helpful in generating ideas.

Thanks

PS Please never mind what's in the tank. It's evolving.

tank wall shot.jpg

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
How about a shelf to put that blue bowl on?

I'm kidding!

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
The humidity is going to cause any kind of copper art to develop a patina in a pretty short time period. It's ok if that's what you are looking for but not something you may want to do with a nice painted piece.

Same thing goes with any kind of print art (paintings, photographs, etc...).

OrQidz

AC Members
Feb 18, 2007
if you want cheaper/waterproof, there are a lot of stick on vinyl wall decals, some pretty good sized, made from either actual photos of fish or art. I've seen them on amazon. I think they are neat :) I would spend the decorating money on stuff for the tank, but that's just me!
I know you said never mind it, but I'm curious what you are planning for this great tank!

swandog

Barbarian Tyrant
Oct 16, 2012
Mackinaw MI
Real Name
Bill
I've had an oil on canvas painting above my 75g for years with an open back and bio wheels spinning away and there are no humidity issues. I would put whatever you like back there. That is going to be a beautiful tank.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
With the glass tops being on that tank, you should have very little water loss and zero moisture issues. The losses out of the 4 tanks in my sig are not even noticeable by eye between weekly water changes, and we just had one of the coldest, most horrible winters on record. Three of my tanks have glass tops, one has a plastic lighted hood.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I have 2 large tanks with no tops. I lose about 10gals of water per week (with no surface movement), I have not seen any issue of thing I hand above my tanks.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
10 gallons,wow. I lose about half of a gallon in my 10 gallon tank.

JackLantern

AC Members
Dec 16, 2012
dartboard ; )

or after you get fish, take some macro shots of them, blow some up on canvas(always a groupon deal)...few different ones

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store