Blood Parrot tankmate possibilities?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tinad73

Registered Member
Mar 3, 2015
Hi there,

I have a 75 gallon tank that I have had set up for at least 6 or 7 months and before that was set up for 5 years from the person I bought it from. I have recently decided to clean house and redecorate so I can get more than a couple guppies and platys in my big 75 gallon tank. I am not familiar with many fish but have done a lot of research. I know I want to get blood parrots. I was thinking of 2 blood parrots, maybe 2 angels, red finned shark, and either firemouth cichlid or peacock cichlid. I am not sure about the firemouth and peacocks. Do they do well in groups of their own kind or pairs or alone? Would they be ok with BP, Angels and RFS? I have seen some people have success with these with my research but more opinions always help. Otherwise any other ideas of some colorful fish that would work well with the BP and maybe a couple angels and RFS. It's such a hard decision because I want it all! haha also I was looking at maybe kuli loaches or something to help with cleanup on the bottom of tank and glass etc besides plecos. Thank you for any info I get. I have never posted on something like this before so I am excited for other people's input.

tinad73

Registered Member
Mar 3, 2015
Also when I finally decide what to get is it better to get all the fish at once to try and avoid aggression? Then maybe keep up with small water changes every day or every other day.. I'm not sure how to go about all this. Thanks again!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store