nerite snail eggs EVERYWHERE!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JackLantern

AC Members
Dec 16, 2012
i got them because they are to keep the wood clean, i guess they are, but they are leaving white eggs all over the place.

i currently have two, if i only have 1, will it still leave eggs all over?

thanks.

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Lansing Michigan/Mesick Michigan
Real Name
Ben
yes mine do to, you can scrap them off easily. im not sure if nerites are A sexual. can some one chime in?

JackLantern

AC Members
Dec 16, 2012
how many do you have, snails that is?
i'm wondering if there is only 1....will the egg plague end

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Only the females lay eggs so you will need to see which one is laying eggs and remove her if you want to eliminate seeing the eggs.

vwill279

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Real Name
Vanessa
Once the nerites have gotten used to the tank, you'll see far fewer eggs. Mine dont even really lay eggs anymore. If I move them to a different tank though, BAM! Eggs everywhere.

vwill279

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Real Name
Vanessa
No, I dont. Within a couple of weeks they will just dissolve into the tank water. It might look unsightly for a while, but in my opinion it isnt worth the effort. If there are some on the glass that are impeding your ability to enjoy watching your fish, then go for it, but otherwise I wouldnt bother.

JackLantern

AC Members
Dec 16, 2012
there were some on the back 3d wall, and i thought the finish was coming off of it, then i realized it was more eggs.

i didn't know they dissolve into water???

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store