White fluff?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

EverKi

AC Members
Feb 13, 2015
Canada
I can't seem to catch a break with my tank lol it is one issue after the other, I'm treating ich right now and now I have white fluff (algae?) growing on the walls of the tank? Can anyone tell me what it is? the picture isn't great because it was hard to get my phone to focus on the tank and not on things inside the tank. IMG_3047.JPG

IMG_3047.JPG

missmeliss

Addicted to Aquariums
Aug 18, 2008
Exit 34B
Real Name
Melissa
Is there any on the fish or just the tank? Not sure that I'll be much help, but may be able to help somebody else help you haha

EverKi

AC Members
Feb 13, 2015
Canada
None on the fist, just the take walls and a tiny bit on one of the fake plants, it wipes off pretty easily and feels a bit slimy.

laxdude

AC Members
Jan 29, 2015
VA
I experienced something similar to this once, just use a soft algae scraper, and try to keep it away from your fish. plants seem to help keep the fluffy stuff off

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

EverKi

AC Members
Feb 13, 2015
Canada
Thank I'll clean it off when I get home, didn't get the chance to last night after I took the pictures, I plan on adding some live plants soon just waiting for the ich to clear up first

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store