Fungus attack

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lurker

AC Members
Jan 3, 2004
Visit site
Well at least three of them have got it so far. Here's what's happened. I came home from work to find three sick Mollies. My black female Sailfin has what looks like little white cottonballs around the tail and middle body, she also has clamped fins. The Male Sailfin has what looks like a white blotch just above his gills onto the top of his head. The scariest one is my Platinum Lyretail, there is a long ping strand with a milky looking fungus coming out of her...... well for lack of a better word pooper. Her eyes also appear to be slightly enlarged. I have separated them from my other fish, who all seem to be healthy, and treated my main tank with Melafix to try and prevent any more possible casualties. Should I be using Maracin to treat this. I didn't want to use copper because I have a YOYO Loach and a Columbian or Black tip shark. From what I have heard you aren't supposed to use copper on them? I will try to post pics but any ideas what the heck this is and how I should treat it?

tank stats are as follows PH = 7.6, Nitrite = 0, there is a slight amount of Ammonia but I use the Red Sea test kit and can never tell what the exact reading is. but it appears to be small.( any recomendations on a good Ammo test?)

Thanx for any help!!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store