Semi-Disney Themed Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Stagebari

AC Members
Mar 21, 2013
Miami Beach, FL
I have started a new twenty nine gallon tank. The focal point of the tank is a Brooklyn Bridge decoration I received back in December 2013. I have not had the funds to start a new tank until now. I added two live anubias congenisis plants on either side of the bridge. I mixed in some varying fake plants too. I also added in some other decorations you can see in the below picture. I knew my tank had somewhat of a theme and color palate to the decorations and plants.

I decided to put a betta fish in my tank. Some may recall my last tank had an elephant decoration in it. That decoration was in honor of my late mother whose favorite animals were elephants. Much to my surprise while shopping for the betta, I found a male Dumbo. I obtained three females to compliment the one male. Two of the females look like plakats and the other one looks like a doubletail. I decided to name the male betta Dumbo to carry on the honoring of my mother. My friend suggested I name the females Jumbo, Dory, and Boo to keep it in the Disney family.

I decided to keep this Disney theme going in a way. I have since added three red Mickey Mouse platies. I was also thinking of adding dalmatian mollies to add to the Disney theme. Can anyone think of other "Disney" fish to add?

IMG_1249.JPG

IMG_1249.JPG

Duckie

AC Members
Mar 14, 2015
Well there is Marlin (Nemo's dad) and Dory. You would have to get the plastic kind for your freshwater tank for the blue tang and clownfish. Lucky for you, most fake clownfish as decoration for freshwater tanks are exactly the same kind that Nemo is ( ocellaris clownfish ).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store