Is my betta depressed?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

everglow

AC Members
Mar 15, 2004
Pineapple Under the Sea
Visit site
My betta up until this week was always sitting up on this 3in head in his tank or up on a hill or at the side of the tank. It was nice cause I could always see him, but lately he's been in the far left back of the tank in a corner facing a wall. It just seems depressing any ideas?

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
Bettas are funny fish. I have found mine with his head stuck behind his filter, really intent on checking it out. They are very interested in their surroundings so he may just be curious about that new area of the tank.

To peak his interest use the mirror trick to get him excited. I also have little glass fish that I dangle near mine everyso often. He gets flared up and chases the new fish away and is very excited about winning another major fight.

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
I bought it at a dollar store. It is just a brightly coloured piece of glass shaped like a fish with a string attached to it. I swim it around the tank a bit and he gets mad. I only do it for a couple of minutes every few weeks or so to keep him on his toes (or fins I guess). Really anything colourful will do if it is moving around.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store