Panda corydoras..

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Do these little guys ever relax? I'm not used to the activity, given the only other cory type fish I've owned were a group of 5 emerald corys, and they basically hid in a rock cave all day long and were super skittish if they came out. I re-homed them some time ago.

I picked up a group of 7 pandas for my 55g. Sadly, my really awesome LFS is closing it's doors at the end of the month and he's selling all his fish 50% off. I couldn't resist these little ones they are so darn cute. Got them for ~$3/ea. WOW they are busy, constantly flying about. They definitely don't just stay at the bottom.

Andre7

AC Members
Nov 19, 2014
My corydoras arcuatus rest at night too. During they day they're nuts! I have 6 in a 90 gallon, and they stick together, always swimming up and down the glass, from side to side. They rest every once in a while, and stick to the bottom when they find food, but they're very active.

henningc

AC Members
May 11, 2013
Mine go nonstop. They ae great in my outdoor pools as they keep the muck stirred up for the filters. They also get huge outdoors.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I wish I was a little better suited for them with a sand type substrate for the 55 they are in, but like I say, they were kind of a close-out purchase, given this store is going out of business. It's a smaller, smooth pebbled black gravel they are in with. They seem to shovel it around pretty easily.

I have to feed them after lights-out because of the other piglets in the tank with them. I've been dropping in some Aqueon sinking shrimp pellets for them (close-out purchase too). What else is a good food for them? That's basically what I used to feed my emerald corys.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
aww sorry about your lfs closing,but the end of something can give life to something else.
p.s. awesome score on the panda cories for 3 bucks a pop.:)

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
aww sorry about your lfs closing,but the end of something can give life to something else.
p.s. awesome score on the panda cories for 3 bucks a pop.:)
Word is, the landlord wouldn't renew the LFSs lease in favor of a micro brewery moving in. Chatting with the (young) LFS owners, they're happy and relieved to be done. I'm all for beer, but we've got about 10 brew places for every pet place.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store