Help! Fish ID

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kimbo3311

Red-Headed, Non-Step-Child
Apr 3, 2008
Treasure Coast, FL
Hello, all!

I have a low tech 20 gal planted tank that has been running for years now. I have 5 corydora catfish, two killifish, 9 cardinal tetras, and 2 otocinclus.

Recently, a friend of mine (he is a saltwater reef guy) had a neighbor who moved and dumped a great aquarium and three freshwater fish at his house. being a salwater guy, he asked me to adopt he fish, so he could convert the tank to a saltwater tank.

Problem is, I don't know what these are. I can't say I have a lot of experience with different types of fish, as I tend to stick with ones I like for however long they live in my one tank.

Anyone know what they are, and whether they would be ok to add to my tank?

20150317_165702.jpg

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
Albino longfin version of the black skirt, Gymnocorymbus ternetzi. They have the potential for nipping fins, but in my experience the ability to do so is less with the long fin versions. I think they would be ok, as long as you kept an eye on the tank to make sure each kind of fish is still getting food.

missmeliss

Addicted to Aquariums
Aug 18, 2008
Exit 34B
Real Name
Melissa
+1 Albino Black Skirt Tetra

kimbo3311

Red-Headed, Non-Step-Child
Apr 3, 2008
Treasure Coast, FL
Thanks guys!