Ordering Fish Online

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

biondoa

AC Members
Feb 6, 2015
NC
Real Name
Alison
So far I have only purchased fish at my LFS, but their selection is somewhat limited and I am curious about ordering online. I would like to hear of your experiences with this (both good and bad) and which if any dealers you would recommend.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
I order exclusively online from www.msjinkzd.com and have never had a single issue.
That and bobstropicalplants.com I've never had issues with, personally. It may help to know exactly what you're looking at ordering though as some sites are more specialized than others.

In the past, the site staff hasn't been super keen on people posting negative reviews of vendors, so those may need to be brought to your attention via PM ;)

biondoa

AC Members
Feb 6, 2015
NC
Real Name
Alison
Yes, I understand about negative reviews not being wanted. I don't really understand why not. It is helpful to know the bad dealers as well as the good, and if it helps to perhaps persuade the less reliable dealers to shape up, then so much the better.

In the next month or so, I would like to set up a larger tank mainly for angelfish. I have seen some beauties online that I am sure I'd never see at LFS, so I was curious. If you know a good online source for angels, and maybe also tetras, I would like to hear about them. I definitely will look into the 2 mentioned here so far.
Many thanks.

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
I have had good results buying fish from The Wetspot and from Tangledupincichlids. Both are top of the line retailers. I have also ordered from individuals through Aquabid and only had one bad experience that eventually did get resolved.

Andy

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Yes, I understand about negative reviews not being wanted. I don't really understand why not. It is helpful to know the bad dealers as well as the good, and if it helps to perhaps persuade the less reliable dealers to shape up, then so much the better.

In the next month or so, I would like to set up a larger tank mainly for angelfish. I have seen some beauties online that I am sure I'd never see at LFS, so I was curious. If you know a good online source for angels, and maybe also tetras, I would like to hear about them. I definitely will look into the 2 mentioned here so far.
Many thanks.
Mainly, because the other side of the story isn't heard when you lay a complaint about some seller. In any transaction between two, there are three stories. Each of the participants has theirs and in the middle ground is the truth. When buying from a vendor here or member, there is a method for feedback.

biondoa

AC Members
Feb 6, 2015
NC
Real Name
Alison
Of course you are right. In any dispute, both parties need to be heard before any reliable conclusion can be drawn.

BallAquatics

Fish Breeder
Oct 9, 2010
Central Ohio, USA
www.ballaquatics.com
Real Name
Dennis Ball
I've bought & sold a lot of fish on AquaBid with excellent results. Check the feedback and ask questions of the sellers before you make your purchases. The reputable sellers, and there are many, will be glad to talk with you about their fish. BallAquatics on AquaBid.

Dennis

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store