Help locating pond leak

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

terror

AC Members
May 23, 1999
Manila, Philippines
Would like to ask for help in locating Leak in my cement pond.
the cement pond is new.

the pond is leaking at a rate of 1 inch per day. water goes down until the last black mark in the glass, so we're suspecting the leak is somewhere in that level.

but so far have not yet been able to pinpoint where the leak is occuring?
the silicone around the glass is not wet.

also checking the floor, there's some wet part right near the corner of the glass? but water level does not go down to that level.

also tried to dye test, but so far have not noticed the dye being sucked anywhere?
[YT]http://youtu.be/hq95-azZa9Y[/YT]

would really really appreciate tip on how to fix this,
the contractor has reaplied thoroseal .

the contractor wants to paint over the pond, I have paint for water proofing, but my concern is what if it still leaks after the paint.

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Can you post the pond build so we can see how things were put together?

terror

AC Members
May 23, 1999
Manila, Philippines

Here is when the problem occured, while water testing
the water level would drop 1 inch a day until about 18 inches from the top.

so we suspect the leak is somewhere near the top. i bought water proofing and just redid the water proofing on the top level. the guy who did the thoroseal application i think did it wrongly, he did not wet the cement before application :(

Nicole Martin

AC Members
Sep 22, 2015
Shelton,CT
pondrepair.blogspot.com
Real Name
Nicole Martin
Pond Repair by PondPro200 is the industry's one coat solution to concrete pond leaks. Unlike other systems on the market it does not require a primer or a 2nd coat. PondPro Concrete is not to be confused with a paint or other thin pond coatings on the market. PondPro Concrete is applied up to 10 times thicker than other products! Some products are coated at a 3 or 4 mil whereas PondPro Concrete is applied at a 30 mil about the depth of 10 pieces of paper. The distinct advantage of the product is in its unique chemical cure. The PondPro Concrete will chemically fuse itself to the substrate and any trapped air will be forced to the surface; leaving your pond with an airtight seal. The product comes in a gallon set; a gallon of Part A and a gallon of Part B. When mixed together this two gallon set will cover up to 150 square feet of surface area.
Here you can check in pictures;

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store