29 Biocube planted progression pics

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Beautiful!

Is it the same substrate in the last two pics?

JackLantern

AC Members
Dec 16, 2012
that's on big Val. Love the background and the glass cats!
i should prolly trim the val, but just haven't
background is from universal, made a huge difference, if i were doing it again, i'd cut the vent holes smaller.

funny that "glass" cats are the most visible in photo.

there are about 10 black phantoms, can't see be a couple, and 7 hatchets

Beautiful!

Is it the same substrate in the last two pics?
1st two it was light sand, it would not stay put, took it out
2nd two was the concrete sand, stays put, and the gravel mixed in makes is look nicer then PFS i thought

Last edited by a moderator:

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
1st two it was light sand, it would not stay put, took it out
2nd two was the concrete sand, stays put, and the gravel mixed in makes is look nicer then PFS i thought
Nice!

I've got petco black sand in my 29g and I pretty much loathe the stuff. It looks nice, but it's very fine and definitely doesn't stay put.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
WOW, nice progession!!!

JackLantern

AC Members
Dec 16, 2012
Nice!

I've got petco black sand in my 29g and I pretty much loathe the stuff. It looks nice, but it's very fine and definitely doesn't stay put.
i had enough of it floating around too, was glad i took it out. the current from the biocube pump even moves this coarse concrete sand, but then it exposes the gravel pieces and it says put

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
i had enough of it floating around too, was glad i took it out. the current from the biocube pump even moves this coarse concrete sand, but then it exposes the gravel pieces and it says put
Yeah, if I ever do sand again, it will be on a setup only with canister filters, and only canisters with the pump on the return, so it's unlikely you'll have to deal with the dreaded sand-screech, you will with HOBs.:hypnotized:

The AC70 I have in my 29 with sand, has the suction strainer way up high, with a sponge on it, yet it still gets hammered by the sand. Plus, no matter how gently I do water changes, it still re-arranges things.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store