Fish not eating, fins damaged, need help!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jtimcampt

Registered Member
Apr 8, 2015
I have a tank of 7 blood parrot chichlids. They have been fine for many years. We got them when they were tiny, about 2cm long, and now they're huge! Anyways, they have stopped eating recently and their fins are noticably damaged. They don't really fight each other, so it can't be due to a fight. A long ago, they stopped eating before but we used Mardel CopperSafe fish treatment and they quickly started eating again. Now we've been trying copper treatment because we think there might be some bacteria that is corroding their fins and making them feel sick (not eating). I'm no fish expert and I don't know what's wrong and how I should treat this, can anybody please give some insights, thank you very much.

Some additional information: we use tap water with table salt, but it has been this way for many years and didn't really seem to be a problem.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
^agreed. We need chemistry information in order to procure a proper diagnosis!

By the way....table salt? Why? What are your pH, nitrate, nitrite, ammonia levels, and what size tank with what filtration? Blood parrots become huge, wasteful fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store