Aquarium pets multiply in lake

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
Yup, another example why U.S. Fish and Game is considering banning most non-native aquarium fish. Idiots really need to stop releasing their fish.

We have several bayous in the Houston/Galveston area that are over-run with plecos, which cause severe damage to submerged banks.

Mark

devonb

AC Members
Dec 29, 2014
I hate how people do this. It gives serious aquarists a bad name - and then makes the hobby look like a joke.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
There's a pond in Tucson, AZ (or Phoenix) that has been completely taken over by pairs of African cichlids that were mysteriously dumped. Crazy! They do not remove them because the pond has no outlets. Pretty nifty scene.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
those people make me want to do this to them :nutkick: they MAKE OUR HOBBY LOOK LIKE A JOKE AS DEVON SAID. oops caps lock is on.:uhoh:

Last edited:

Wild West

AC Members
Mar 6, 2015
I grew up fishing in that lake as a child, all crappie and perch and sunfish. The main goldfish dumping pond was up on campus at University of Colorado back then. Too bad, but I heard some pelicans came to the rescue.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
I bet those pelicans had a sumptuous buffet. Maybe even a....Jimmy Buffet?

:rofl:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store