looking for a fish....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

spacemanspiff

AC Members
Jan 23, 2004
Visit site
hey there, i intially wanted to go with Discus in my amazon tank, but haven't had luck getting my pH to go from 7.5 to 7 and stay there, so i am done with messing with the pH, but i need to finish off my 75g amazon theme tank with a bigger fish. Like i said, my pH is 7.5 and the GH and KH are 8.... and 6. I have 2 pl*cos, 4 Julli Corys, 2 small green severums, 10 neons, and 4 silver dollars. Want a bigger fish now to finish it off, i know the severums will get big also. Trying to stay in the amazon theme, but seems everything will eat my other fish. Any suggestions would be awesome. Thanks DAN

Bill Harada

AC Members
Feb 21, 2004
California
Visit site
Dan,
If you look through the various Discus threads here and on other forums it's generally accepted that Discus don't need to be kept in soft acid water, but it does make it easier to get them to breed.

The main thing is to get healthy fish and acclimate them slowly to your tank water. I've also read that it's best to get older fish in a planted tank (>4") so that they put less of a feeding burden on your tank as the young juveniles need a lot of feeding or else risk becoming stunted.

My concern is that you already have four Silver Dollars and 2 Green Severums. Each of these can easily exceed 6" if given the room. So you're just a year away from having all the big fish you need. :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store