Goldfish and Mosquitofish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CinnamonPearl

Professional Whovian
May 19, 2013
Long Island, NY
Are goldfish and mosquitofish compatible? Not fancy goldfish, just the regular comets and shubunkin.

henningc

AC Members
May 11, 2013
I concur. If you do move to fancy goldfish stay away from Gambusia Affins. They are fin nipping machines and mean little turds.

CinnamonPearl

Professional Whovian
May 19, 2013
Long Island, NY
I don't like fancy goldfish, so I don't have to worry about that. I heard they were nippy, so I wanted to make sure the regular goldfish were okay with them.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

pbeemer

AC Members
Apr 27, 2010
So Cal
yes, they'll probably be OK, but why put those expletive-deleted mosquito fish in in the first place? common goldfish should do fine keeping down the mosquito larvae

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
but why put those expletive-deleted mosquito fish in in the first place? common goldfish should do fine keeping down the mosquito larvae
Maybe she likes Mosquito fishes.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I've read where folks keep zebra danios in their goldfish tanks with no problems as well. I know I went on a quest some months back for a dojo loach for my goldie tank. They're supposedly great goldfish tank mates. No avail. Can't get them in my State due to DEC regulation. I would imagine mosquito have a far worse invasive species potential.. Maybe not.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store