Please help! Swordtail mystery patches, nothing's worked.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fatkat

Registered Member
Apr 19, 2015
My female swordtail is now in a 15 gal tank with another female. I moved all the males to the other tank and took out most of the decor.
Ammonia 0, nitrites 0, nitrates 5. They have a heater at 78 f, an air stone, whisper filter and a few plants.
She has white patches on both sides of her, it's not ick or fuzzy, and she has what almost looks like pimples near her butt, and where the patches are her scales look like they are fraying out some. It never spread to my other fish but I moved the males out anyway.

I've treated her with 2 treatments of tetra fungus guard(4 days each) nothing really changed but my molly died. And I did a treatment of api general cure after That(4 days).
That didn't work either so I started doing salt dips because I read columnaris will died in salt, 3 tablespoons per gal, 15 mins, then 3 mins in a much less salt solution. (she never passed out but almost once) i did this for 3 days and still nothing.

Friday I moved the males to the big tank but kept the moma with her so neither one get too stressed from over breeding or loneliness. I started all in on remedy from marine land too, and it says to use for 5 days so I'm going to see how it goes.. any ideas what do do after if it doesn't work or anything?
The water has been very clean durning all of this but she was exposed to to nitrates for a while before, and this has been on her for 5 weeks or so, I'm really worried and don't know what to do

All of my fish had diseases or parasites, from petsmart, but this is the worst and it has not spread to any other fish. A few months ago my Molly had a white fuzz growing on it but I got it to go away some how.. Fungus also started growing in my tank 4 weeks ago after I took the air stone out for a while.. Please help! Any advice is appreciated!
Pictures are in this link
http://www.myaquariumclub.com/swordtail-is-still- covered-in-white-stuff-what-now..-572526.html#573411

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store