tetra in trouble

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lauren

Say hello to my lilttle friends
Aug 9, 2003
So Cal
Visit site
A few weeks ago a neon tetra got stuck in my siphon hose. He escaped, but got a pretty bad sore on his tail in the process. I've been watching him, to see if he would get better on his own, but he just gets worst. The sore on his tail is still visible, and his colors are horribly dull. He's also lost a bit of weight, and is dwarfed by the other neons.

Is he a goner, or is there anything I can do for him?

Hound

AC Members
Feb 20, 2004
California
Visit site
Just a question, but did he look fairly normal before he got stuck? If not he may be suffering from a stress induced disease. Loss of color could just be from being hurt also. How bad is the sore? Is it possibly a spinal problem? A loss of color plus a spinal problem could possibly be from bad breeding or tetra disease.

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
Quite often with just good fresh water changes they can pull through a lot. But if he is deformed as was mentioned then his recovery will be short lived at best. Of course I have seen fish with bent spins go on to live for another year or so.

Just make sure to do tank checks everyday in case he does die as you won't want it to foul up the tank for the rest of the fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store