WOW very interesting weekend!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mantis737

AC Members
Jan 9, 2004
Visit site
So I come home on Friday afternoon and walk downstairs to put my new Leopard Pleco (L114) in my 40L. As I am walking down the stairs I hear a cracking sound then a blast and water sprays everywhere. My Krislin Aquarium's bottom shattered out and dumped 40 gallons onto my family room floor. I saved the fish, in about 5 buckets, but when the water started rushing out it pulled the heaetr off and broke it. So anyways, I realize I need to get a tank to put my poor fish in, so I go back to my dorm, about an hour away, and pick up my 29 to take home. About 3:15 AM I get home and start setting it up, a full 8 hours after the disaster. By this time I have lost 2 fish to flooricide out of the buckets. I set up my 29 at home and transport the fish into it. I spent the rest of the night cleaning carpet, pulling out carpet padding, and determining the reason for the break.

I come to find that the aquariums bottom seal was not one constant silicone bead, and that the break started right where the siicone appears to start again. So today I called Krislin and it looks like they will be writting me a nice check to "compensate my losses and keep me a happy customer".

So.......Here is my question. I have:
2 Angels
2 Rams
1 Dwarf Clown Pleco
1 SMALL Leopard Pleco
3 Cories

Does everyone agree that I will be ok with this setup in the 29? I am really hoping I dont have to buy another aquarium, as I dont really have the cash for it now, expecially after all this. So far everyone is getting along real well, and the plecos have some nice driftwood caves to relax in, but I am wondering if this will change. Any ideas? Sorry for the long post.

holyherbiness

Translucent Member
Apr 7, 2004
Visit site
wow sorry to hear that man

Sorry to hear about your loss!
And I dunno nething about stocking haha
Better not venture a guess than to throw *out wild lies

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store