maroon aggression

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

caz

I'm a Sinker!
Apr 7, 2003
i just go two of these cute little guys and put them in my QT. how long before they stop fighting? i got one bigger than the other, but the little one definately wears the pants in the realtionship if ya know what i mean? anyways, how long should this go on before i should start worrying?

also, i noticed that when they eat flake food, they spit out alot of their food, like it doesnt taste good. should i try a different brand?

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
It might take them a few days to sort things out and then things should be fine. The Maroons and tomato clowns tend to be among the more aggresive of the group. I don't know if they are tank raised or not but sometimes it takes s.w. fish a little while with new foods. How's your tank going?
chris

caz

I'm a Sinker!
Apr 7, 2003
they are aquacultured. my tank seems to be doing good. the maroons and the tang are in the QT. and all are eating, thank god. the tang was extremely skinny for a while, but i see him nibbleing at algae, and flake food. im gonna keep those guys in the Qt for 3 or 4 weeks, then see what happens in the display tank

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
my marroon actually went after another one when i put it in and I brought the other one back the very next morning, when the store opened... and brought home a smaller one, which the same thing happened and it took a part of the fin off... it wasn't untill i bagged them both up to return them and then decided to bring them back home till they started to like eachother, not i'm pretty sure they'll eventually be a mated pair (they have been shifting sand around to make a little cave to hang out in). I was really nervous watching them the first day... really nervous the big one is named Dameon because the guy is mean.

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
the big one is named Dameon because the guy is mean.
You mean "that gal is mean." The big, aggressive one will be the female. How about "Susan?" Oops, that's just a little piece of personal history:emb:

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
hahahaha... yeah sorry, i know its a girl... an agressive one at that. thanks mogurnda :rolleyes: :laugh:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store