Mystery Snail Laid Eggs!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

snoozin

AC Members
Mar 29, 2004
OK... so my mystery snail laid eggs... I saw her (it?) do it; I also isolated her so I could protect her and them while she was laying them.

So... NOW what? Do they require any special care?

This is a black mystery snail which may (or may not) have mated with my now HUMONGOUS apple snail...

schiejr

AC Members
Mar 18, 2004
Madison, WI
Visit site
They need to be kept in a humid environment, out of the water where I assume they were laid, until they hatch. I had my snails lay alot but never had any hatch. My gold apple snails are sold as gold mystery snails.

www.applesnail.net is the best site I have seen for info.

Last edited:

snoozin

AC Members
Mar 29, 2004
Thanks for the website, particularly; it's quite full of info! I believe that the one who laid the eggs is a "below water line" layer; she laid them at the bottom of the breeder -- some were inside a clear egg sac... well... time will tell! Wish me luck!

kessingermommy2

Registered Member
Mar 3, 2006

I went over to feed my fish and there was my snail with a bunch of eggs near it. I was in shock. I didn't know what to do, so I am so happy I found this website. My fish had just layed eggs the other day, so this is all new to me. My fishes eggs didn't make it. Any tips on how to raise baby black moors??

hurricanejedi

AC Members
Apr 4, 2005
Raleigh, NC
www.flowerspride.com
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store