55G Disaster Part 2

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bortsamson

Resident Cat herder
Aug 6, 2003
Abbotsford, BC. Canada Eh?
Visit site
Time for part 2: The ensuing damage
So the transition between the old tank to the new was seamless for the inhabitants sure, but for the owner, well, lets Begin that saga.

2 days ago I arrived home to a funky smell, generally occuring when someone releases gas while in the shower, hehehe
I walked downstairs to where I think the smell would be coming from, but nothin.
hmm
Yesterday the smell is quite worse.....Go downstairs again, and its quite pungent before I enter my room.
But still not to strong IN the room, but its getting worse. Then I look up and realize the cold air intake is situated right above my room. So even the slightest smell would be spread everywhere, yay.
So the process begins again to tear down the tank.
I figure that maybe having 4 fish tanks in my room is a little too much anyways, and I would prefer to have more room to work on the tank with. So I went and got me a 19 gallon tote container. MAN did that make moving the creatures easy. I totally recommend those things!
So now the tank resides just outside my room, and I have the fun time of shampooing my carpet to get the smell out, woooo!
Oh, I finally found a zebra that was missing for quite some time, lol, poor guy

daveedka

Purple is the color of Royalty
Jan 30, 2004
Columbus, ohio
Probably too little too late, but the steam vac's they rent at a lot of grocery stors and wal-marts do a nice job of getting fishy water out of the carpet, they also go a long way with spousal/partner relations if you have inadvertantly applied large quantities of fishy water to the carpet. I haven't ever had a tank bust, but did once set up a nice siphon that did 45 gallons in 8 hours while I was away.

bortsamson

Resident Cat herder
Aug 6, 2003
Abbotsford, BC. Canada Eh?
Visit site
whats that phrase?
lol, ida know, But Murphy's law was sure in full effect on my little happening.
I had my reserves about the tank as time went on, cause i noticed that almost every single tank big or small have braces along the top or on the side, or both, OR some sorta brace in the middle.
My now deceased tank was strictly silicon, hehe

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store