temp for dwarf gourami

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Leopardess

Everything's eventual.
Aug 13, 2003
New Hampshire Seacoast Area
Visit site
Uh....they can? Are they not mostly from southeast asia? The lowest possible suggested temperature I can find is 68 - and I wouldn't do that.

74-82F is a good general range.

Last edited:

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
While most fish can survive in cooler water for long periods of time it generally weakens their immune system if they are not true coldwater fish.

I would agree taht 76-78F is a fine temperature for most tropical fish like tetras and gouramis. 82 seems a bit high, IMO, though many places have trouble keeping tank temps much lower than that.

Aqualung

AC Members
Jan 31, 2004
Visit site
Well I'm not an expert, but speaking from experience. My tank with two honey gouramis in it normally stays at 76-77 F. When I had furnace trouble, the temp dropped to between 73-74. While
it doesn't seem like a big difference, my gouramis seemed quite stressed by it and stopped being active.

On the other hand, on friday we had a very hot day here, and the water temp went up to 80 F. The gouramis remained very active and didn't seem to be stressed in the least bit. HTH

76-80 seems to be a good temp range for them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store