Starting to plan a 55 gallon setup for summer, Stocking Ideas(help)?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jujubee

AC Members
Apr 26, 2004
Florida
Visit site
I am planning on setting up a 55 gallon tank in the near future. Plan on doing fishless cycle and all. I already have 2 Serpae Tetras, 1 Black fin tetra, and a pleco(yes i know it will get too big, bought first reserched later :( ) Anyways, I would like to have colurful fish and a fairly active tank. What would be some suggestions on what fish could live happily with the fish I already have. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. (On a side note, I really like gouramis and rainbow shark, but I am not sure if they can with these, also, can angel fish go in this tank.)

kevinfishboy

AC Members
Feb 7, 2004
rockford
Visit site
Why don't you try some african cichlids they are colorful and also active

blitzen25bm

AC Members
Jan 28, 2003
Visit site
get some angels, koi angels have some color. a couple more tetras to add to your school and maybe a small school of another kind of fish like some danios or the less aggressive barbs. then get some of the larger cories for the bottom.

jujubee

AC Members
Apr 26, 2004
Florida
Visit site
cool, thanks for the ideas guys. Would the rainbow shark fit in with tetras and angels though? I just love the way they look, they're such a pretty fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store