LFS in OKC/Wichita Falls, TX

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lawndart

AC Members
Dec 22, 2003
OK
Visit site
I'm looking for some good LFS in OKC and Wichita Falls, TX. I live in Lawton, OK and there's not much variety here. OKC is about 90 min. away and Wichita Falls is about 45 min so hopefully transporting fish won't be to much of a problem. Anybody have any stores they like in either place? I'm also open to other places that aren't to far, don't want to put to much more undue stress on the fish. Thanks.

Archangel

Plecos, Plecos, everywhere
Apr 7, 2004
Oklahoma
www.homestarrunner.com
stores

The best one I've found so far is Aquarium Concepts in OKC. Bad thing for you, it's on the NW side, at NW 48th and MacArthur. Pretty decent selection and great staff.

Be aware, they are closed on Monday and Tuesday.

lawndart

AC Members
Dec 22, 2003
OK
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I can always use the the excuse that I want to take my wife out to dinner and just happen to be in the neighborhood, so why not stop and check them out:D Thanks

snakeskinner

AC Members
Dec 27, 2003
Oklahoma
www.okcaa.org
I second aquarium concepts. The only other store I'd recommend in the area is in Edmond, another 30 minutes north of AC. It is called "aquariums" and is on Kelley avenue. She is open from 1:30-7:00 monday-tuesday and thursday-sunday. Her hours sometimes change so I'd call before you made the trip up to her. There is a place on north May avenue in OKC called Josette's, it's a nice place to go look but I'm undecided on quality of fish. I've bought several fish from her that died but they were weak fish (rams and rummynose tetras) and I put them in hardwater so I can't totally blame her. My biggest problem is she only guarantee's the fish for 24hours and she doesn't quarantine her fish from what I've seen. there are also a few saltwater only places but I'm not sure if those interest you. Kyle

lawndart

AC Members
Dec 22, 2003
OK
Visit site
Looks like I know where I'm going this weekend! Does Aquarium Concepts carry any bw fish? In the process of setting one up and looking to see what's available.

snakeskinner

AC Members
Dec 27, 2003
Oklahoma
www.okcaa.org
not "official" brackish but they do have rainbows and mollies off the top of my head. Josette's keeps some brackish fish like archer fish, scats and knight gobies (I think she has some others too). As I said, Josette's is a neat place to go look. She keeps several large cichlids/catfish and has saltwater as well. My wife and I regularly stop by for a look although I seldom have bought anything. DEmigh, I was told that aquarium concepts was sold by the original owners to the current owners, no relation between them. I really don't know for sure but they're doing a great job. I love that batfish they have in the sphere. Kyle

DEmigh

Disturbed Member
Dec 5, 2003
Oklahoma City
Visit site
Perhaps I misunderstood about the transfer of ownership :confused:

I thought the previous owner was the father of the guy who is presently 51% owner/general manager.

Even if he's not a relative, he's worked there long enough to have been adopted :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store