different types.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wheresmyloach

AC Members
Apr 15, 2004
Visit site
I am looking for different type of creatures that can go in a fish tank. I have a red claw crab and a bamboo shrimp. What else besides snails are there that I could add to my tank. Not fish. I was going to get a frog but the crab will eat it.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
The crab will limit you--depending on the tank, you might be able to get away with some fresh water mollusks, or salamander/newts. Be careful though, as something like a crawdad will certainly go in, but might eat the crab.

wheresmyloach

AC Members
Apr 15, 2004
Visit site
So they have underwater salamanders and newts? Would they need any special attention. I might be intererested in those.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
They'll need a place they can crawl out on, but that can be a floating log (the crab will need this as well). I had red bellied newts for a while--the tank must be well covered, or they can escape (also applies to the crabs). Run a search on paludariums, and you'll find lots of info on setting up a tank for these types of animals, and what can mix successfully.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store