stocking help with a 40 gallon...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jujubee

AC Members
Apr 26, 2004
Florida
Visit site
Ok, so I was going to be getting a 55 gallon tank but then my mom saw how big it was and flipped out. So now I am getting a 40 gallon (maybe a 46 gallon bowfront). Need help with stocking. I already have 2 serpae tetras, a longfin black skirt tetra and a pleco. I am not sure what can go with these. Would love to have an angelfish and rainbow shark. Please help.

Hans

I will eat your fish.
Oct 24, 2003
Gieboldehausen, DE
www.brianhanley.com
i have angels with tetras they seem to do fine, serpaes usualy just chase each other around. i suggest getting more of each tetra, the pleco of course will get big yada yada yada, and the rainbow shark can get kinda mean when they are bigger so watch out

Hans

I will eat your fish.
Oct 24, 2003
Gieboldehausen, DE
www.brianhanley.com
by the way, you should look at the 65 gallon, its 3 feet long and 18 inches from the front to back, and its as tall as a 90 callon, its real cool tank, doesnt take up much room but you get a lot of gallons

jujubee

AC Members
Apr 26, 2004
Florida
Visit site
thanks for the input Hans. I think I will stick with the 40 gallon just because my mom keeps flipping out about how big that is already. I am thinking of this as a setup, maybe you can give me some input on this for a 40:

6 serpae tetras
3 Blackskirts
2 angels
6 neon tetras
Dwarf Gourami
Pleco (or maybe some other bottom feeder if i can find someone to take the pleco off my hands)
1 Rainbowshark (possibly)
how does that look...could i put more than that? I am fairly new to this, any suggestions on some cool, colorful fish would be great.

Last edited:

m3th0d

AC Members
Apr 15, 2004
G Deuce, CA
Visit site
hahah i told my parents my next tank is gonna be a 55 and that i was gonna put it in the dining room and they went nutz. my mom flipped out even more when she actually saw how big it was when we went to wal-mart the other night.

i'm still trying to convince them, i want it sooo bad. :sad

anyway, congrats on getting yer new tank!

jujubee

AC Members
Apr 26, 2004
Florida
Visit site
Originally posted by m3th0d
hahah i told my parents my next tank is gonna be a 55 and that i was gonna put it in the dining room and they went nutz. my mom flipped out even more when she actually saw how big it was when we went to wal-mart the other night.

i'm still trying to convince them, i want it sooo bad. :sad

anyway, congrats on getting yer new tank!
thanks, haven't quite purchased it yet, I am going on vacation in a few days, buying it the second i get home :)

Hans

I will eat your fish.
Oct 24, 2003
Gieboldehausen, DE
www.brianhanley.com

6 serpae tetras
3 Blackskirts
2 angels
6 neon tetras
Dwarf Gourami
Pleco (or maybe some other bottom feeder if i can find someone to take the pleco off my hands)
1 Rainbowshark (possibly)
h [/B]

ive heard that angels eat neons once they get full size, dont know how true that is

i had a dwarf gourami, he was the oddest lil bugger! he would swim up slowly to some fish that was chillin, and molest it with those sticks they have for fins lol, it was so funny to watch

otherwise everything looks ok

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store