fancy guppies in my eclipse

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

gnahc79

AC Members
Feb 11, 2004
bay area
Visit site
We got 4 fancy guppies over a week ago (2M, 2F) and lost two of them a few days ago. The remaining guppies seem fine, except for one. It's ALWAYS hanging behind the intake, near the top of the tank (upper left area, pic of the Eclipse in my sig).

I'm concerned only because the other two fish that died exhibited the same behavior. Do I need to add some floating plants or something?:confused:

edit: water tests fine, the tank has been running for 2 months now

Last edited:

bortsamson

Resident Cat herder
Aug 6, 2003
Abbotsford, BC. Canada Eh?
Visit site
where didja get the guppies from?
And what exactly ARE your water parameters.
Guppies I have noted anyways are sometimes just a little delicate, they just die.....i have gone thru....uh....6? something like.
Granted some of them had ich, but I dont think they died from that, since some died BEFORE ich appeared.
But plants..ida know if they are going to help the situation, you need to narrow down the cause first, water conditions perhaps

EDIT: Did you use these guys for cycling?

stephenray75

AC Members
Mar 9, 2004
Texas
Visit site
I had a so long with about 12 guppies in it. All have died but 2. I was told to add a little aquarium salt. the two remaining ones are in a little 1 gallon tank. I havent cleaned the tank in alomost a year and only do water top offs. They are living quite well.

750t

AC Members
May 24, 2003
Indiana
Visit site
Guppies get stressed from shipping from tank to lfs to tank. Some breeders use salt some dont.. My lfs evens uses salt. So maybe a little salt wouldnt hurt. Then slowly ween off. I have many tanks I dont use salt.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store