african rope snake

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

viboy

Born Sarcastic
Mar 15, 2002
BC, Canada
My brother just bought me an african rope fish for my birthday....

Not a bad gift. He knew that I wanted one. I was a little surprised and had to race around and find some screening for the top of the tank to keep him in.

Luckily I have blood worms so that the little guy won't go hungry.

My question is will he do fine on his own or do they prefer to be in groups. I would prefer only one as I am getting up there on fish population.

Also if someone wants to send a link on how to upload pics from my computer I will post some pics.

Dwayne

90 gallon tall

4 silver dollars,
1 bala (I had 3 but 2 died during tank replacement over a year ago)
3 - black skirt tetras
2 - pictus cats
1 - red tailed shark
1 - pleco
2 - dwarf guoramis

dwf73

Gold Dragon
Oct 29, 2003
brooklyn, NY
Visit site
It will do just fine alone, although they get along in groups as well. I would just reccomend having some sort of driftwood or cave-type structure so that it can hide from the other fish in the tank. How big are the tetras? It will eat small fish, but they generally need to be quite small. Good move with the screen top, they are great escape artists.

viboy

Born Sarcastic
Mar 15, 2002
BC, Canada
It has already found a home inside an ornament I have in the tank. I had to pull everything apart to make sure that it had not escaped.

The tetras should be fine they are full grown black skirts about the size of a silver dollar coin.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store