zoo's and yellow polyps

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

caz

I'm a Sinker!
Apr 7, 2003
anything special i should know about these too corals. i did research, and my lfs said they are about as easy as they come, and to just keep my water parameters good, and i should be fine. was he right? or did i get duped into making a purchase?

what should i do to get these guys to grow faster? any suppliments, or more intense lighting? i have them about 1/2 the way up the tank. should i put them closer to the surface, or would the light hurt them more than help them. thanx

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
They like light and current, but are very adaptable. You shouldn't need any supplements, as long as your parameters are normal. Some say yellow polyps are a lot happier when they get the occasional meaty snack.

For the moment, just keep them where they are. If they darken, then you may want to move them up, but nothing will happen too fast. Relax and watch them for now.

Overall, I don't think your LFS led you astray. This time :D

caz

I'm a Sinker!
Apr 7, 2003
thanx. eventually, they will be going in a 10 gallon nano reef i am going to set up. but not for a few weeks yeat. will 20 watts of PC lighting be good?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store