Paradise fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ROLLIN

fanta fanta, do you want a fanta?
Dec 4, 2001
New Brunswick, Canada
Are paradise fish personable like bettas? Are they fairly active? Im thinking of keeping a lone male in a 10 gallon with just some gravel and live plants (no filter/heater). Any comments on tank size? Ive seen anywhere from a gallon to 29 gallons recommended.

Traci

AC Members
Jun 27, 2003
Austin, Texas
Visit site
Very attractive fish with lovely display colors. Alone, it might display as much or as brightly. I received a juvenile trio as a gift and it turned out that it was 2 males and 1 female. The males display to each other and ignore the female. Perhaps they are homosexual?;)

Anyway, Keep the 10 cleaned regularly and it should be fine with a pair even.

Maybe put a small internal filter in at least?

ROLLIN

Dec 4, 2001
New Brunswick, Canada
Thanks for the info traci. As for the internal filter, I would like this tank to be equipment free (except for lights), and have gravel/plants as the filter(s).

Traci

AC Members
Jun 27, 2003
Austin, Texas
Visit site
Mine use the entire tank space in a 30 long. Swim mostly in the upper and middle, but rest at the bottom, often directly on the substrate. They love floating plant mats as well. They aren't overly zippy so a 10 should work. They will make the most of what you give them.

ROLLIN

Dec 4, 2001
New Brunswick, Canada
Thanks again traci. I have changed my mind about the paradise fish, Im going for a male betta (and maybe some ghost shrimp) instead. When the weather starts getting cool again, I'll add a heater.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store