dwarf gourami ?'s

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jeanbell

AC Members
Mar 3, 2004
Essex,MD
Visit site
Hello every1,

I have a couple of questions to ask about my dwaf gourami's and some1 here can help me out.. I have 3 dwarf gouramis in my 26g tank 1 has been in there for about 2 months now and the other 2 for a about 1. One I have notice seems to be losing he's color and another 1 have have in my net breeeding tank in the 26g tank because my red tux platies was picking on he. I check my water and everything is fine. PH is 7.4, Amnnonia & Nitrites are at 0 aand Nitrates around 10-25(only way to test my nitrates right now is via test strips and the the color is in between 10 & 25.)

1) What can cause the one to loss his color and can I bring it back??

2) Why are my platies picking on the other???

I hope some one can help my out...

Jeanna

travelinman1969

AC Members
Oct 23, 2003
Lost Nation, IA
Visit site
gourami's tend to get more teritorial as they age. The platies probably got tired of being harassed and ganged on him. I had that happen in a tank a few years back. Platies wouldn't stop on my one til he died.

NatakuTseng

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts
Jan 3, 2004
Vermont
cichliddomain.com
I had a similar problem, one of the gourami losing his color probably was getting picked on by the platies, and finally backed down, dulling his colors is a way of him showing he is less of a threat. The other probably didn't and so the platies showed him who is boss. I had several mollies go after my dwarf gourami and non stop would bite them right on top of the head, and stressed the gouramis out, and even eventually took scales off. It was kinda weird, but I think its just those "peacful" livebearers got sick of taking the crap.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store