plants for rainbows

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Leopardess

Everything's eventual.
Aug 13, 2003
New Hampshire Seacoast Area
Visit site
DO you mean live plants? You'd probably get a better response in the Aquatic plant section.

Have you cycled the tank?
Do you know what kind of rainbowfish?
How big is the tank?

As far as planting...they don't particularly care what kind of plants are in as long as there are some. Rainbowfish tend to prefer planted tanks that have a big open area for swimming and also dense plants for hiding.

My celebes seem to like the Java fern. Wisteria, anubias, crypts, hydrocotyle, ect.

Rainbows are also schooling fish, so if you have room, you might want to pick up 3 more.

if you mean just regular plastic plants - pick whatever you think looks the best:)

jacblades

klingon word for superior galactic
May 11, 2004
alabama
www.angelfire.com
thanks.

yes tank is cycled.
bosemani rainbow
29 gal

the man i got them from had no plants in his tank :( only a piece of driftwood for the pleco.

i think my tank is too small for another fish.

they seem to be having fun swimming around together. they are really great to watch.

the only pet store without nasty water around here is petsmart and i believe all they have of those is wisteria.

aquariumfishguy

Social Regular
Jul 14, 2003
Michigan, USA
www.care4fish.com
Now, respectfully asked... why would you go and get these fish when you already have a grossly overstocked bowl as it is? It would seem logical (in my mind) to move the fish in the supposedly already cycled 29 gallon rather than buying more fish to add onto the chaos. JMO.

Leopardess

Everything's eventual.
Aug 13, 2003
Visit site
Did I miss something?

aquariumfishguy

Social Regular
Jul 14, 2003
Michigan, USA
www.care4fish.com
No, not really. But this poster has another thread about Goldfish in a 3 gallon bowl. We have been briefly informed of a 10 gallon aquarium (possibly) available, but again... with the fish that you have, why buy more when you had an empty 29 gallon aquarium for use? Something just doesnt add up. Sorry.. :confused:

Leopardess

Everything's eventual.
Aug 13, 2003
Visit site
Enough said. Thanks AFG.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store