Yellow Tail Damsel

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

williams9607

Registered Member
May 15, 2004
Southwest Mississippi
Visit site
I have a 55 gallon tank, one of my yellow tail damsels stays in one corner on the bottom and refuses to allow any of the other fish to come near the area. It runs them to the other end of the tank then returns. All chemistry checks out fine. Any input would be appreciated.

MonoSebaelover

Anableps
Apr 20, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
www.shiredalefarm.com
Welcome to Aquaria Central! Damsels are extremely territorial fish and that one is probably the most dominant and has set up his home there and will not allow anyone else near him. It is perfectly normal so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Anyway, hope this helps and good luck.

williams9607

Registered Member
May 15, 2004
Southwest Mississippi
Visit site
Thanks, Yellow Tails

Originally posted by MonoSebaelover
Welcome to Aquaria Central! Damsels are extremely territorial fish and that one is probably the most dominant and has set up his home there and will not allow anyone else near him. It is perfectly normal so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Anyway, hope this helps and good luck.
Thanks, I thought that is what it was doing. Just wanted another opinion.

Raki

AC Members
Jan 17, 2004
Philadelphia Pa
Visit site
I have 4 yellow tails one even has the guts to try and chase me away when I have my hand in the tank and too near his area. I believe he is trying to bit me but it just tickles. I'm keeping an eye on him though if he starts threatening any of the "good" fish he goes back to the LFS. I know he'll prob. be hard to catch but I have a few tricks up my sleeve

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store