What fish would you recommend?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

parrotfish100

AC Members
Feb 22, 2004
California
I recently moved my Kissing Gourami from the 10-gallon to the 50-gallon, seeing as it wasn't fit for a 10, and was being aggressive towards my Blue Gourami. My question is, what fish would you recommend that is small, peaceful, and would be good for a 10-g with a Blue Gourami? I was thinking about a Ram, but Im still not sure... Any suggestions?

cdawson

AC Members
Jan 6, 2003
Vancouver BC
Visit site
three spot gourami's are rather aggressive and get even more so as they get older. A Ram is definately not compatible with him and I'm going to have to agree with the first reply, a kuhli loach, maybe 2-3 of them are the only thing you can keep in a 10g with your gourami.

In fact, I'd actually recommend getting a larger tank even for the three spot gourami as they get pretty big (6") and are surface dwellers.

It might be time to find him a new home as well. Maybe move the Blue three spot to the 55 instead and find the kissing gourami a new home as kissing gouramis are very aggressive and not fit for any community tank short of a 100 gallons.

parrotfish100

AC Members
Feb 22, 2004
California
My BG is no where near agressive. My KG is doing fine in the 50-gallon, and if it gets too aggressive, I will move it.

Three-spots have 2 black spots on their side?

ash

AC Members
Jan 7, 2004
Visit site
they might not be agressive now, but believe the previous posters, they will more than likely be later.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store