Unepected visiters in my tank...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jeanbell

AC Members
Mar 3, 2004
Essex,MD
Visit site
Hello every1,

Last Tuesday I set up a 10g for dwarf puffers that I plan to get. I went and took some gravel, plants & water from my 26g bow. And the filter from my 5g. I have been keeping it going by putting fish food in it every other to keep it going.. My plants have been doing good. Well today I come home from work and was looking at the tank to see how much my plants have gowning. I saw something that looking like it was floating in the water and was wondering what the heck was floating in my tank. So I took a closer look and notice that there was morefloating around. To my surprise I have about 8 little fry in there swimming around. :shake: Well, I guess they will put a hold on my getting my DP's soon....

Jeanna

jeanbell

AC Members
Mar 3, 2004
Essex,MD
Visit site
Well, If I would have to guess I would say my black neons. I was checking everone out in my tank one day a few the other week and I kind of thought that one of them looked a little fat. But it's so hard to tell right now.. the are SO SMALL it's like looking at very little chips of glass with two little black dots...

Jeanna

Traci

AC Members
Jun 27, 2003
Austin, Texas
Visit site
I had that problem when I set up my 5 gallon hex for a pair of dwarf puffers. I left a guppy in to cycle and she must have been preggers, etc.

Of course, not that big of a deal for me. I scooped what I could and dumped them into my dad's African tank. I missed one, and he's grown up with the puffer. I figured they would have done away with him way back down the line, but nary a nipped fin.

I've decided no more feeder guppies. My crays don't eat them fast enough to keep up with their breeding, and they breed constantly!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store