new tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Shekoi

Trying to start up again
general info needed and new quarantine tank

i've just brought a 15gallon tank with hood, light, filter and heater for £20 found it in the paper, which i intead to use as a breeding tank or/and a quarantine tank.

the tank had two fish in when i got it, 1 debauwi cat and 1 male guppy. i've placed both into my 35g at the moment, i either intead to get a larger tank so can buy a shoal of the cats or take him to LFS.
just wondering if the guppy will be ok on his own with my other fish.

my female honey gourami is very aggresive towards my male honey, is this normal? it is causing him to hind alot when she is around him.
i have one neon tetra that swims across the tank lying vertically
head down and in a stabing motion up and down, whats wrong? only noticed it today never done it before.

also i have a male and female sworntail which i got as juveniles around 1in, they are about 2in now including tail, when should they start breeding, i've seen them chase each other etc, she has never got any fatter or had the black spot.

cheers for any information, shekoi:D

Last edited:

snakeskinner

AC Members
Dec 27, 2003
Oklahoma
www.okcaa.org
not sure what those cats are so I can't make any comments there. the guppy shouldn't care where or who they are with as long as the fish aren't overly aggressive towards it. dwarf gourami's (or just about any gourami for that matter) can and often are aggressive towards their own kind. we kept 5 different types together and couldn't keep any of them alive. tetras can act wierd and are also succeptable to sickness. how many tetras do you have? never kept swordtails alive before so I can't advise there either. My platies and mollies breed constantly though. Kyle

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store