do your fish have names?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

silentskream

AC Members
May 16, 2004
Florida
i know its not as easy to name all of the fish in a big community tank, but i'm curious as to the names of the fish that HAVE been named.

i have
wilbur (the black moor)
poseidon (comet)
bilbo (pleco)
squire (betta)

and john paul george and ringo were the names of my zebra danios. paul quit the band and died of dropsy. the rest of them were eaten.

booger (black mystery snail) and heiffer (gold mystery snail) both apparently fell victim to bilbo's case of munchies

so yeah, what are your fish's names?

tomm10

Prodigal Son
Oct 15, 2003
Oxford, MA
www.tomwalkerportraits.com
Betta- Jaws IV (he's the fourth of my fiance's bettas)
2 Male Rams- Reginald and Lawrence Ramirez. Sadly Lawrence has left us.
Clown Pleco- George. his constant hiding frustrated us so much we decided to name him after two of the most frustrating people we could think of...George Steinbrenner and George Castanza.

The other fish we can't tell apart (how on earth do you identify khuli loaches or danios??) and so don't name.

Tom

Danimal

AC Members
May 12, 2004
SE Wisconsin
bakermedia.com
The only ones that I have named is the gang of 8 tiger barbs... I call them the Bowery Boys since they are always causing problems!:D

silentskream

AC Members
May 16, 2004
Florida
The other fish we can't tell apart (how on earth do you identify khuli loaches or danios??) and so don't name.
haha, thats a very good point, but just to let you know how I did it,
i got a group of four, and decided to think of a famous group of four to name them after, and who better than The Beatles?
well i never had them specifically identified, because you're right, they're impossible to tell apart usually. but when the first one came down with dropsy and died, i decided that naturally, that one HAD to be paul. the rest of them pretty much just dissapeared after that.. seeing as how two of them got eaten. and the last one was given away, then got eaten.

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
It seems like many have developed names, but not very imaginative ones. Like the clownfish: Red (he's redder) and Big Stripe (she has a broader middle stripe). Then there's Gimpy, the cylindricus who was born with a deformed lower jaw. Most would have probably culled him, but he gets to live with his parents.

happychem

redorkulated
Dec 9, 2003
Halifax, NS
Visit site
Swordtails are
Red (the male, 'cause he's redder)
his two ladies are
Grizzabella (apparently there's a character in "Cats" with that name who's somewhat grizzled, as is she)
and
Fatty (cause she was preggers when we named he, she's also constantly eating anything she can find)

and there's Jacques the ghost shrimp.

dwayne

AC Members
Jul 12, 2001
Boston, MA
Rainbow shark = Darth Maul
Pleco = Jimmy
Office betta = Dwayne (he's passed on now)
Blue gourami = Flats (died of fungus infection 2 years ago)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store