help...dwarf gourami swimming very very weirdly.....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

starmom

AC Members
May 13, 2004
ny state
Visit site
my dwarf gourami has been doing this thing where is goes to the corner or top of water and sorta gets it sideways and sorta hangs out there and after awhile it swims down and is ok for awhile and then i find it sorta floating again.....

this has been going on about three days now, i thought for sure i was gonna find him dead a few mornings ago.....also the center/abdomen looks sorta roundish......

my ammonia is 0, my ph is 7, i did a 25% water change the other day thinking that might help this fish, the others in the tank appear fine........

would appreciate some advice.....could this be a swim bladder problem? boyancey problems seems to be part of this problem...

sue:(

Juthunter28

AC Members
May 11, 2004
Visit site
Could be his stomach is enlarged and swollen. Anyone else think the same? As for treatment im gonna let the professionals handle that, but i had the same thing happen to my Dwarf Gourami which i lost 2 days later, he didnt like to swim and just sat in the gravel until he died.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store