firebelly toad question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rdmpe

AC Members
May 4, 2003
Central Florida
Visit site
I know they're not fish. Hopefully they're close enough! I set up a 10g eclipse tank w/3" of water. A small powerhead runs water up to the eclipse filter. Nice waterfall back down over some rocks etc. Lots of hiding spots for the frogs.

Problem is, they are always hiding! Is this normal? Should I modify the tank so that they don't have completely secluded spots to hide all day?

There are some feeder guppies in the water and I put a live cricket in there ever other day or so. I've seen them catch the fish and crickets, so I think they're eating OK. Water temp is about 78, PH about 7.4 (unmodified), ammonia measures zero, etc.

cdawson

AC Members
Jan 6, 2003
Vancouver BC
Visit site
Is the tank cycled?
Like most animals, it will take time for them to get adjusted to their new surroundings. Before you know it they'll be hanging out in the open.

QCppg

Carp for brains!
May 4, 2004
Visit site
I only see my dwarf and clawed frogs at night, they seem to be able to tell despite the total absense of natural light in my fish-room.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store