wow i just witnessed miracle of life!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hans

I will eat your fish.
Oct 24, 2003
Gieboldehausen, DE
www.brianhanley.com
so i had those medaka "lamp eye killie" eggs in a tupper wear dish for a few weeks now, and under magnifiyin glass i could see eyes in teh eggs so i knew they were fertiliesd.

today i was like, dman it, they must be dead, i will toss them....

i look in the dish,! i see them swimming! i am so happy! man they are SO small!!! makes you wonder how they ever survive in teh wild!

so i am looking at the clump of eggs and i see squirming! i see a tail pop out, every 30 or so seconds it squirms like crazy and then POP out comes another fry and ZOOMs to the top! i was like in tear haha just kidding but yea so i got them "liquid food" from petsmart, real messy, i wish i could get my hands on something better, what do you suggest?

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
Just as messy, but way cheaper is hard boiled egg yoke. It means changing the water more often. When I had platy fry though I mostly just fed them flake food. They can nibble on it pretty well.

silentskream

AC Members
May 16, 2004
Florida
a friend of mine crushed up some regular flake food and mixed it with some water so that it was the same consistency of "liduid food for fry" and stuck it in a dropper bottle.

worked well so it seemed.

dwayne

AC Members
Jul 12, 2001
Boston, MA
When I used to keep guppies, I fed the fry finely ground up flakes and that worked out just fine.

Congrats, Papa!

~Tara

Hans

I will eat your fish.
Oct 24, 2003
Gieboldehausen, DE
www.brianhanley.com
these things are way to small to eat flake food even powdered up! it said to feed them omebas and infusiroa or somthing

i have them in a 2 gallon tnak with nothing goin on at all , just a tnak filled with water, they are alwyas at the top

they will be ok right?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store