Houston Aquarium Society Summer Auction

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Must4ng s4lly

AC Members
Jan 9, 2004
Houston
Visit site
I would love to go! I almost went to the last one but it is a bit far... I am in NW Houston. I actually have an activity at 2:30 that day too. Hopefully I will make the next auction! I would love to be involved! My hubby has very little interest in my hobby, but I LOVE it :)

Thanks for the post.

anonapersona

Reads a lot, knows a little
Mar 7, 2003
Houston
Visit site
Same here but I make it anyhow

I am NW also, but I go anyhow! just allow yourself about an hour, in case you hit traffic or rain.

You ought to just come to the first half, it is OK to check out early and if you really really want to move something ahead in the auction you can do that for just a few bucks.

Folks with stuff to offer get 4 different color dots and each dot goes to a different group, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th. So, I can decide if I want my fish to be sold early or late. If you want to bid on my fish, and it is in the 3rd or 4th group, you can request that it be moved ahead ($2 I think) then it will jump forward in the bidding to the next few items to come to the front.

The silent auction tables end every so often, 4 or 6 tables, depending on how much stuff shows up.

If you win some things, they get your number and you pick them up as you pay and leave, whenever that is.

I've got some grown cichlids and some loaches that need to move on so I can give that tank to the baby discus. I'll bring some plants and some spare tanks and maybe some filters (I'm such a packrat)

MSmith

AC Members
Nov 20, 2003
Texas
Visit site
I'm thinking about coming. I don't have anything to sell, but I do have a 20 gallon to stock. I probably won't make it for the whole day as I'm planning on bringing my husband with me and he'll get bored. Are you involved in the aquarium society or do you just go to their auctions?

Melissa

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store