Rusty Brown Algae?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

saltydog

AC Members
Mar 16, 2004
New Jersey
Visit site
I have some sort of rusty brown looking stuff starting to coat some of my plastic plants and filter intake......is this some type of algae? How can I get rid of it?

Thanks in advance

snakeskinner

AC Members
Dec 27, 2003
Oklahoma
www.okcaa.org
brown algae, how big a tank and what kind of fish? a bristlenose pleco will eat it all fast but then you'll need to feed him wafers after he cleans it all because they are fast. Kyle

saltydog

AC Members
Mar 16, 2004
New Jersey
Visit site
The tank is a 28 gallon Euro......
as fas as fish : 1 King Tiger Pleco, 1 Dwarf Neaon Rainbow, 1 Bosemani Rainbow, 2 Blue Rams, 3 Panda Cory, 2 Black Skirt Tetras.

Is There anything I can do to get rid of the algae.... I have never seen my pleco hang on the glass....he is always on the gravel.

snakeskinner

AC Members
Dec 27, 2003
Oklahoma
www.okcaa.org
never seen one of those pleco's so I'm not sure what it is but are you very attatched to it? I would see if you can trade it in for a bristlenose, he will definitely clean up your tank. Kyle

saltydog

AC Members
Mar 16, 2004
New Jersey
Visit site
In my opinion.....I dont like the bristtlenose......I may get a snail or something...or maybe i should leave the light on for less time...

Thanks for the suggestions though

PEACE< LOVE AND AQUARIUMS

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store