Betta Bump. Tumor, parasite, or infection?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Leopardess

Everything's eventual.
Aug 13, 2003
New Hampshire Seacoast Area
Visit site
At some point during the past two or three days, one of my bettas have developed some sort of bump on his chin. I've heard /read the symptoms before but can't locate the exact post.

At any rate, it looks very much like a nasty pimple. It's swollen and I can see some sort of white "dot" in the middle of it (under the skin) kind of like a whitehead.

I'm thinking it's either a parasite (which surprise me since I've never had anything like this) or an infection from an injury.

I'm going to be treated him with some Maracyn and hope that helps.

Has this happened to anyone before? What worked?

This is the little guy with the problem (pre-pimple)...

Thanks guys and gals!

silentskream

AC Members
May 16, 2004
Florida
i dont have any idea what it would be. but one of my bettas of the past developed some sort of.. i dont know if it was a tumor or what.. but it was like a big bubble just under his scales. it made him look like he was a really fat fish, but it was kinda see through. if he swam in front of a light you could see the light shining though.

it was weird as crap.

jacblades

klingon word for superior galactic
May 11, 2004
alabama
www.angelfire.com
i bought one of my bettas with a big wart over his eye (from petco of course). i got him (although i know i shouldnt have) because he was ugly and i knew he would just die on the shelves and because the wart interested me. i searched and searched and couldnt find any disease or disorder that might have caused the wart and never found anyhting. i assume its just a wart or maybe a tumor. he is active for the most part. he just cant see out of the eye the wart is on. i dont know if your betta has a wart or not-i will try to take a picture of mine so you can compare.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store